Guide – Eligibility and Requirements: This program is intended for the Tow Truck Operator, towing a vehicle from an accident, to a repair shop or road side assistance.
- A Picture of the vehicles(s) is required to obtain a Binder
- Signed application is required to obtain a Binder
- Uninsured Motorist Supplemental Application to obtain Binder
Maximum Liability Limits $1,000,000 CSL BI & PD and Maximum Physical Damage Limits $150,000 per Vehicle.
- Minimum $1,000 deductible Comprehensive & Collision.
Policy Forms and Rates
Insurance Service Office and GIC Rules, Rates, Forms apply in all cases.
State of Florida ONLY
Policy Term is Annual
Cancellation rules are those in effect by Florida Statute at the time of cancellation or non-renewal.
Tow Truck Businesses we Insure
- Wrecker up to 1 Vehicle
- Flatbed Tow Truck up to 2 Vehicles
- Flatbed Tow Truck up to 4 Vehicles
On – Hook Insurance Coverage
On Hook Insurance is a type commercial insurance used by TOW TRUCKS (“wreckers”). On-Hook towing insurance will normally pay to repair or replace a vehicle that you do not own receives damage by a collision, fire, theft, explosion or vandalism while it is being towed. This coverage is-not the same as Cargo Coverage.
Available Limits: $10,000 – $15,000 – $25,000 – $50,000 – $75,000 – $100,000
Available Deductibles: $500 – $1,000 – $2,500 – $5,000
- This coverage is only available on TOW TRUCKS if any vehicle has this coverage, all towing vehicles must have coverage.
- Limits must be the same for all eligible vehicles.
- Accounts with more than 9 vehicles must be submitted to company for approval.
- Multiple Named Insureds – UNACCEPTABLE.
- No physical damage coverage for vehicles over 14 years old. Vehicles older than 12 years will require current photo(s) to obtain a quote.
- Physical damage will only be written in conjunction with liability coverage.
- Driver / Operators must hold a valid Florida Driver’s License.
Increasing or Decreasing Limits
For increasing or decreasing limits of liability on a Commercial Auto Policy – please go to our online portal – click on MANAGE YOUR POLICY and then click on GENERAL CHANGE REQUEST FORM.
During a policy period on an existing Commercial Auto Policy, we will allow ONE (1) change request to increase or decrease Liability Limits.
If another limit change is requested, a new policy will need to be written.
- Flat bed Tow Trucks that can carry more than 4 vehicles at one time
- Heavy duty wrecker (2 + Axles)
- Large Car Carriers
- Mobile Home transport
Unacceptable Drivers (We do not surcharge for MVR points)
- Drivers / Operators under the age of 21.
- Any operator age 75 or older will not be considered for coverage unless we receive a medical statement signed by a physician, indicating that the driver is clear to operate a motor vehicle.
- We will not accept any driver/operator whose driver’s license is invalid.
- We will not accept any driver/operator with a conviction involving any of the following major
Driving while intoxicated or impaired or under the influence of alcohol, narcotic drugs, or both.
Drivers with more than two (2) accidents in the past thirty-six (36) months.
Drivers with more than two (2) unlawful speed-16 MPH or more over lawful or posted speed in the past thirty-six (36) months.
Refused to take a sobriety test, if suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Consumption of alcohol beverages or narcotic drugs in a motor vehicle
Possession of narcotic drugs in a motor vehicle compartment occupied or accessible to driver
Gross negligence, manslaughter, homicide, or any felony arising out of the operations of motor vehicle
Leaving the scene of an accident. Hit and run.
Eluding or attempting to elude a police officer.
Operating a motor vehicle without permission.
Racing or engaging in aiding and abetting a speed contest.
A felony in which a motor vehicle is used.
- Unacceptable Drivers will be excluded by endorsement